Tuesday 14 January 2014

Best Beauty Bargain Of 2013

Good Day Everyone,

So here it is, as promised in my recent absence post, the best beauty bargain of 2013, in my opinion, the Soap & Glory The Yule Monty gift set.
I came across this completely by chance whilst visiting home last month and was surprised to see it still on the shelves in my local Boots (drugstore) given the hype around this bargain. I’ve never really tried many Soap & Glory products (the busy packaging always put me off) but with the level of discount on offer, naturally I had to pick one up ;o) Or rather my mum picked it up for me as an early birthday present - thanks mum :o) It was only after the purchase that I thought to myself “hmm how’s this going to fit into my suitcase?” as its a very large case. But luckily for me, my hubby is a wiz at packing and we managed to bring this box of goodies back to Singapore with us.

The set contains nine full sized Soap & Glory products all enclosed within this special limited edition bag designed by British fashion designer Jonathan Saunders. This delightful package was reduced from £60 down to £27 so a better than half price deal given the 55% discount. When you unzip the bag there is a pink cardboard box inside, protecting the products. The bag itself has a lovely flower design with a silver zip. On the inside, it is lined in grey / silver coloured fabric with a zip pocket in the lid.
The nine products included are;
  1. Hand Food hand cream
  2. Sugar Crush body wash
  3. The Righteous Butter body butter
  4. Peaches and Clean deep purifying cleanser
  5. Heel Genius foot cream
  6. Butter Yourself moisture lotion
  7. The Scrub Of Your Life body buffer
  8. Thick & Fast super volume mascara
  9. Sexy Mother Pucker XL lipgloss in Pink Out Loud
If you bought these same nine full sized products individually from Boots then they would cost you a total of £70.50 so at £27 I’m sure you will agree that these are a real bargain. Plus you get this lovely bag to keep which will come in very handy for storing my growing collection of makeup ;o)
As well as the nine full sized products, there is also, no not condoms even though that’s what it looks like, but three days worth of the Genius in a Bottle super serum. The sample comes with a £5 off Soap & Glory facial skincare voucher, which I won’t be using now I’m back in Singapore.
For those of you in Singapore, I was at Sephora today and saw that they are selling the Soap & Glory The Yule Monty gift set at a discounted price of $88 SGD (approx. £44) down from $148 SGD, and while that isn't as good a bargain as what I managed to get, it is still a pretty good deal. The Plaza Singapura Sephora store had a lot of these gift sets still for sale, although the bag is not the limited edition one but rather the black and white design with the red zip, just like the Bubble Barrelled gift set I bought a couple of months ago (see photo here).

I haven't used any of these products yet as I currently have quite a few Body Shop products on the go and I don't like to have too many of the same type of products opened at the same time. So I'm going to be good and wait for my current round of body products to finish before I dive into this delightful package.
Did you pick up this bargain by any chance? What was your best beauty bargain of 2013?
Love Sheen xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment and you don't have to be a blogger to do so. I love reading each and every one :o)