Wednesday 22 January 2014

Oh No You Don't!

Good Day Everyone,

Today, I had plans, and plans are something I'm often hesitant to make. You see living with a chronic, painful, and at times debilitating, illness has made me a little nervous of planning because how I feel depends on how Arthur (aka arthritis) feels and sometimes Arthur has a tendency to throw a spanner in the works i.e. have a bit of a hissy fit!

Today I had planned to head out into town to do some shopping. I have a few birthday presents to buy and quite fancied a mooch at the ION shopping mall on the infamous Orchard Road - a place I tend to avoid at all costs on the weekends!

Clearly Arthur had got wind of my plans because last night Arthur threw his toys out of the pram and screamed, "Oh no you don't! You're not going anywhere!"

"But why not? I've been good all day - I had fruit for breakfast, vegetables for lunch and a vegetable omelet for supper. I didn't really eat anything that you don't like me to eat AND I stayed home all day taking it easy. So why can't I go out tomorrow?" I asked.

"Because I say so and I'm the boss!" A defiant Arthur shouted back.

And indeed he is the boss of me because last night- I - did - not - sleep - at - all! I had really severe pains in my right shoulder, that no amount of massaging from my hubby would alleviate. I tossed and turned all night as the pain spread across to the other shoulder and up into my neck. I tried a hot water bottle to break all the knots down, doing neck and shoulder roll exercises at 2am but nothing worked. The pain was nausea inducing and this morning I've continued to feel incredibly nauseous. So, my plans for a little outing have been put on the back burner until Arthur calms down again.

I was hoping that an afternoon visit to my Thai masseuse, whose magic hands can often work wonders on my spine, would help ease Arthur's anger but I just found out that she's changed her shifts and now only works weekends. So I'll have to wait until Saturday :o(. I've tried several other masseuses in the past but they just don't seem to be able to read my arthritic joints the way Pauline, my regular masseuse, can and as Thai massages are quite full on (not your relaxing spa type massages) I worry about a different masseuse doing my fragile joints more harm than good.

So it's another day at home with lots of hot water bottles and hot showers to try and ease the pain and  Friends series 1 on repeat (as a distraction from the pain) along with cups of ginger tea! This is life living with a painful chronic illness that is often unpredictable.

Love Sheen xxx

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment and you don't have to be a blogger to do so. I love reading each and every one :o)