Tuesday 13 August 2013

Chinatown Touristy Treats




Good Day Everyone,

I absolutely love Singapore at night, when it’s all lit up with all the amazing lights and colours. One of my favourite places at night is Chinatown, although very ‘touristy’ it looks lovely with all the beautiful lanterns, restored shophouses and colourful stalls full of endless gift possibilities for loved ones.

Recently one evening whilst my hubby was of having some reflexology in Chinatown, I decided to wander down the main touristy street with my camera and came back with, let’s just say, more than a few photos ;o)
 

Pagoda Street is a great feast for the eyes if, like me, you absolutely love colour! It’s a mix of vibrant gift stalls and shops where you can buy silk robes, fridge magnets, chopsticks, fans, bags, jewellery, t-shirts, lanterns... oh the offerings are endless, with some local eateries, massage and reflexology places and even a Tintin shop! Yep that’s right a whole shop dedicated to Tintin! The street also has the Chinatown Heritage Centre where several shophouses have had the interiors restored to resemble the insides of 1950s shophouses providing a glimpse into the history of these amazing buildings. 
 
 I’ve been to Chinatown several times and many of my family and friends have been on the postal receiving end of these successful ventures, however, this time I thought I’d indulge myself with some of the touristy treats! I bought myself a beautiful silk robe which is ideal for the local heat and humidity, a compact mirror for my purse, a little jewellery box to keep some stud earrings in, a fan (which is a must in any handbag given the heat) and a toiletries / travel case. The travel case is a great size for shampoo / conditioner bottles, and most importantly my Urban Decay Naked palettes. In fact, I may go back and buy a couple more of these!!!

Have you visited Chinatown in Singapore? What did you buy?


Love Sheen xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment and you don't have to be a blogger to do so. I love reading each and every one :o)